Peter S. Sachs is a Founding Partner and Chairman Emeritus of Sachs Sax Caplan P.L.; Chairman of the Real Estate, Corporate, Land Use, and Governmental & Lobbying Practice Groups, and Co-Chair of the Community Associations Practice Group. Mr. Sachs has handled a multitude of matters related to community associations (condominium, cooperative, homeowner, master and country club) and has earned a reputation as a staunch consumer rights advocate. He has served as corporate counsel to the Palm Beach County Health Care District, a special taxing district, and represents both private and public entities in governmental matters.
AV-Rated Over 30 Years
Notable Client Work
- Obtained two $5 million construction settlements on behalf of Century Village residents in Deerfield Beach and Kings Point residents in Delray Beach, respectively. These settlements included significant modifications of recreation leases, ultimately saving millions of dollars for his clients.
- Former corporate counsel to the Palm Beach County Health Care District, a special taxing district which provides health insurance for the working poor, regulates and funds the (2) trauma centers in the county, and owns and operates the county’s public hospital, Lakeside General.
- Corporate counsel to the Early Learning Coalition.
- Roth v. Springlake II Homeowners Ass’n, Inc., 533 So.2d 819 (Fla. App. 4 Dist. 1988).
- Neate v. Cypress Club Condominium, Inc., 718 So.2d 390 (Fla. App. 4 Dist. 1998).
- All-Time Towing, Inc. v. McCutcheon, 701 So.2d 384 (Fla. App. 4 Dist. 1997).
- Ainslie at Century Village Condominium Assn, Inc. v. Levy, 626 So.2d 229 (Flap. 4 Dist. 1993).
- Pines of Boca Barwood Condominium Ass’n, Inc. v. Cavouti, 605 So.2d 984 (Fla. App. 4 Dist. 1992).
- Condominium Owners Organization of Century Village East, Inc. v. Cenvill Investors, Inc., 584 So.2d 33 (Flap. 4 Dist. 1991).
- Trinchitella v. D.R.F., Inc., 584 So.2d 35 (Flap. 4 Dist. 1991).
AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for over 30 yrs, the highest peer review rating attainable
Florida Super Lawyers, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Ashbritt, Inc.; BocaBeautiful; Aberdeen, Addison Reserve, Club at Admiral’s Cove, Broken Sound Club, Delaire, Hunters Run, St. Andrews, and Stonebridge Country Clubs; Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County; Kings Point Recreation Corporation, Inc.; Regent Bank.
New York, 1980
U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1974
U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1988
J.D., cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York, 1973
Fordham Law Review, 1971 – 1973
B.A., History, Queens College of the City University of New York, 1969
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Federal Judicial Nominating Committee for The Southern District of Florida 2005 – 2008
- 15th Circuit (Palm Beach) Judicial Nominating Commission (1988-1992), Past Chair
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member, Past President
- The Florida Bar, Member of the Board of Governors (1986 – 1990)
- Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council, Gubernatorial Appointee (2010-Present)
- Florida Independent Living Council, Inc., Past President, Gubernatorial Appointee (2004 – 2013)
- American Red Cross – Greater Palm Beach Area Chapter, Past Board Member, Past Chair, Development Committee, Past Chair of Clara Barton Society Campaign
- Jewish Association for Residential Care “JARC”, Past President
- Regent Bank Advisory Board Member
“Unit Owner Rights”, Florida Bar Manual on Condominiums, 1982, 1987, 1996, 1998, 2002, 2008, 2012, 2015
- Condominium & Cluster Housing Devl. Inst., The University of Miami
- Annual Condominium Law Seminar, The Florida Bar
- Basic Real Estate Seminar, The Florida Bar
- Out of State Practitioners Seminar, The Florida Bar